For this activity, Moodle enables you to submit your group assignment online and assess the performance/contribution of your peer group, and if enabled, yourself, in relation to a group task. You should think carefully about the grades you give and the comments you make – ensure they are truthful and constructive as they will be reviewed by lecturers.
You must submit all parts of your assignment and your peer grading prior to the assessment deadline. Ensure you are familiar with your School's policy on assignment submission prior to undertaking an assignment.
A Peer assessment is identified by an icon of two people alongside a pen and paper:
Submitting an assignment file
Click on the PeerAssessment activity from the relevant section of your module.
Or click on the Peer Assessments link in your Module Dashboard at the top of the module page to open a list of all your Peer assessments. Select the relevant peer assessment to open it.
2. A summary of the Peer Assessment activity will be displayed. You will be able to see your group name, the submission status of other group members, the date and time the assessment is due and the time left to submit. Click Add submission.
3. Only one member of each group will be required to upload the group assignment file(s). If you are not required to upload the group assignment file(s), move to the section 4. on grading your peers below. If you are required to upload the group assignment file(s) to the Assignment area, follow one of the methods below.
To submit your group assignment you can simply drag and drop your assignment file(s) from your computer desktop or file manager.
Open Windows Explorer to navigate to your files (right mouse click on Start and select Explore).
Navigate to the drive on which the file is saved.
Resize the explorer window, so that the browser and the Moodle module are visible.
Click and hold on the relevant file that you want to upload to Moodle and drag it into the file submissions box.
Drop your file into the box by releasing the click. This may take a few moments so please be patient.
The file will appear in the box when it has been uploaded. Submitting multiple files - If you are required to submit more that one file as part of your assignment repeat these steps for each of the files that you are required to upload. Please refer to your module leader and the assignment instructions for information on the number of files that you are required to submit and the file size.
Alternatively, you can use the manual method by clicking on the Add icon on the top left of the upload tool.
Once you have clicked on the Add icon a File Upload window will open.
Browse to the drive on your computer where your file is saved. Select the file that you want to upload.
Click on Open.
You will be brought back to your assignment submission area and the file will appear in the box.
Click Upload this file.
Your assignment submission area will display your uploaded file. Submitting multiple files - If you are required to submit more that one file as part of your assignment repeat these steps for each of the files that you are required to upload. Please refer to your module leader and the assignment instructions for information on the number of files that you are required to submit and the file size.
You can submit your group assignment at any time before, and if late submission is enabled, after the due date. Please check your School's policy on assignment submission, as there may be late penalties. Each group member will be able to see and edit the submitted file(s). When the assignment has finished, your overall submission will be made uneditable by the Lecturer and no further submissions will be allowed.
4. In the Grade your peers area, you will now be asked to assess each member of your group’s contribution to the peer assessment activity against several critiera. For each criteria, a question will be asked and several possible levels of contribution will be displayed. You should indicate the level of contribution by each member of your group against each criteria by selecting the appropriate option on the grid that appears below each criteria.
5. If enabled, you may be asked to provide written comments as justification for your scores, either one comment for each member of your group or, if required, one comment per criteria for each group member. If justification is required, enter your comments in the boxes alongside each student’s name.
Unless you have been advised otherwise, only you and your lecturer will be able to see the peer scores and comments you have given.
If enabled, you may also be asked to score and provide feedback on your own contribution to the peer assessment. Think carefully about the scores and the feedback you provide - ensure they are truthful and constructive as they will be reviewed by lecturers.
6. When you have completed all the required fields, click Save Changes.
7. A summary page will appear displaying who in the group has submitted their peer scores, who still needs to submit, and any submitted file(s).
Edit your submission
1. If allowed before the assessment deadline, click Edit submission to review and make any changes to your peer scores, or to submit or amend one or more file submissions.
If you delete an assignment it is your responsibility to ensure that you submit the correct file before the deadline. Any deleted files will not be counted as a submission.
2. To delete a file submission, click on the file you wish to delete. This will open a File Edit window. (If you simply want to change the name of your file update the name and click Update).
3. Click Delete and then click Ok.
4. Either upload the correct file or ensure a member of your group uploads the correct file.